Tuesday, October 26, 2010

this is england.

last year, i happened upon this film called This is England, written/directed by Shane Meadows in 2006. It was a piece of art to me, the story struck me, disturbed me, and the characters were spot on, and the fashion of it all appealed to me, still does.

now Shane Meadows has come out with a follow-up of four television episodes with the same actors, set in '86, a few years after the film when the kids are a bit older. And I find the show to be just as brilliant as the film. of course, i only post things on here that i find to be brilliant or worth looking at again.






swear i'm not just spending my time in london watching tv..





also, i can see this blog is becoming sometimes more of me expressing interesting things i've come across rather then just the adventures i'm taking. i apologize that it may seem more of a journal for myself than for those back home at times, but adventures will be posted as they come still. i find the blog to be a much more productive form of procrastination than facebook ever was, and a good way for me to keep track of the things i've been seeing and listening to and watching, so i can come back to them later easily.

hope all is well in the USA.

cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment